I play the game for the end-game music. True story.
Of potato fries and sour cream sauce,
of over-sized aviator sunglasses,
of electrostatic charges whilst walking,
of pique-nique and marmalade toast,
of Canele macarons and tea,
of bi-curiosity and fwb’s, and
of a special friend.
Boy, am I really bad at this.
So it was April Fools’ and I received a bland message on OKCupid that is Hello (: After reading her profile, I thought that we might click and promptly forgave her so not well-thought-out message. I guess you can say she got me at Hello.
Long story short, we met at 7,30 at CWP Macs with me acting like a total dork, blaming the bright spotlight above me for my inability to carry a conversation. LOL. After some incoherent gestures, I sort of calmed down but was still jittery and loathe to open up. Worse, a miscom meant that we were supposed to catch the 7,40 movie instead of the 9,40 one but I was late. I really spent 25 min gulfing down my food, bathing and changing. Sucks ttm and bad impression. :
The headache part is the 1.5 hours waiting time while waiting for the movie. We dawdled around the mall before heading to Starbucks and chatting cordially.
Warm Bodies was a pretty funny, feel-good zombie rom-com and the actor playing R is drop-dead gorgeous haha. Both of us had a sudden revelation that R = Rome(o) and Julie = Juliet lol. Score. And I remembered she likes salty popcorn. Score again.
The movie ended around 11.10 and I walked her to her house and almost wanted to come in her house. Luckily I didn’t cos her mum came in 5 minutes later and an encounter with her would make for awkward conversation with both daughter and stranger.
Let’s hope today I can somehow carry myself better on my second date! ><
I spent the better part of my afternoon, evening and night doing personality tests on OKCupid and realized that 3 different tests with varying number of questions put me at INFJ, same as Isabel Myers herself. Though I test previously as as a borderline ENFJ. I related more to INFJ though. It’s kind of unnerving how relatable the stuff being written, especially about relationships.
INFJs are, by definition, rare, reserved, and unlikely to initiate anything, which means that many of them can end up alone and misunderstood. Here’s what a website says about me, underlined stuff means I relate to it personally.
- For most INFJs, omitting or distorting information is equivalent to lying, and at the very least will rouse their suspicion. INFJs have an acute sensitivity for stories which don’t quite fit. At the same time, INFJs also like to assume the best and can be extremely gullible.
- INFJs are adept at nonverbal communication (eye gaze, touching, body language, etc.). Just because they’re not speaking doesn’t mean they’re not saying something.
- INFJs have an extremely complex internal value system. An INFJ will see if you ‘fit’ into their world, and they’ll bend their own rules if they really like you. INFJs tend to have very high standards, but are also very accepting once they trust you and know you’re safe.
- INFJs can be pretty intense emotionally. This isn’t to say that they can get into a heated argument, in fact INFJs avoid conflict, however they are easily hurt and feel very deeply. It’s not uncommon for INFJs to cry if they feel something very deeply.
- INFJs are weird / odd / strange / extremely rare and they very much know it. They yearn to be understood and want to be accepted as they are (as most people do, of course). An INFJ is incredibly complex, so complex they confuse even themselves. They almost always feel misunderstood and ‘hidden’. They will be offended if you pass them off as ‘simple’ or ‘average’. Getting to know an INFJ takes work, so be prepared for that. A lot of gentle enquiry is required.
- INFJs can often mimic other types.
- INFJs are typically better in writing than in verbal communication. If you want to know an INFJ’s true feelings, ask them to write out what they think and feel.
- INFJs don’t typically engage in casual relationships. Most of them will become too attached for it to be possible. If your intentions aren’t serious then you should probably steer clear of an INFJ unless it’s very obvious beforehand that they aren’t interested in a serious relationship.
- An INFJ’s allegiance is no trifle. If an INFJ wants to stick by you, it means they really like you. Do not violate that gift.
- INFJs consciously choose the people that are close to them. They would rather have a few very close friendships as opposed to numerous superficial ones.
- They open up at a dinosauric pace. They typically hold themselves back and consider that behaviour to be part of their nature. They’ve been described as having ‘layers’ which only a select few people are privy to, the closer the layer to their heart, the fewer people are granted access. Do not expect to find yourself in the ‘top tier’ overnight. It often takes months or years to access the deepest recesses.
- INFJs, like other idealists, love harmony. While an INFJ is relatively adept at conflict resolution, they do not appreciate the unneeded creation of conflict. An INFJ will strive for harmony.
- The ‘N’ combined with the ‘J’ in INFJ means that they are future oriented. Do everything you can to make yourself seem like a long-term option. If you become destructively impulsive, an INFJ will lose the ability to see you as a long-term mate, and will become unhappy as a result. INFJs are future-oriented and have powerful imaginations and superb insight.
- INFJs are extremely sensitive. Make sure that criticism is handed as lightly as possible and constructively. At the same time, INFJs love to please their partner, and will work on an issue if presented in the right way. When to be blunt with an INFJ: never. Be honest and direct, but there’s a fine line between direct and insensitive.
- INFJs love helping people. If you’re bad at accepting help (yes, accepting help is a skill), then get ready to have problems. To reject an INFJ’s help is to reject their love, and one of the things they hold nearest to their hearts.
- An INFJ’s ability to help people goes hand-in-hand with their ability to destroy people. Their keen knowledge of people’s weaknessess means they can either help you incredibly or destroy you, however the latter is extremely rare and is only reserved for people they believe have done serious harm to them or others.
- They need patience but they give patience in return.
- They’re curious about other people. To their friends, they are very accepting. However, the closer one gets to an INFJ’s heart, the more their standards will apply to the other person, which can sometimes create issues.
- They often have darker periods where they close up. They can become monk-like and reclusive. It doesn’t mean they don’t like you, it just means they need to recharge.
- They can be stubborn once they believe they’re in the right, especially if it has to do with their values.
- INFJs hardly ever initiate anything. They like it when the other person initiates a conversation, contact, etc.
- INFJs need 2 things to thrive: trust and safety. Trusting you is about knowing that you’re ethically and morally upstanding (or at least in accordance with their values), and feeling safe is knowing that you’ll stick by them. INFJs don’t want to open up to people who might disappear overnight. If an INFJ feels they can trust you and feels safe with you, they’ll be very happy. The only added bonus is to tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Their energy drains when around others. They will need time alone to ‘feel like themselves’.
- Your energy will easily affect them. If you seem unstable, etc., it will seep into them and poison them. It has often been said that an INFJ’s partner has to be strong, and this is generally true.
- INFJs live in a world of fantasy. They can have problems consolidating their idealism with the reality of the world.
So how do you love an INFJ? ^_^
1. Your INFJ adores you more than they can express with words. Even if they don’t tell you verbally, they will show you how they feel through their patience, kindness, and willingness to please you.
2. Thank your INFJ with sincere hugs and kisses, and tell us you appreciate the things that we do for you. Just knowing that you’re aware of it is reward enough to keep us overjoyed (and enthusiastically continuing to do all the things you love that we do for you).
3. If an INFJ is in a romantic relationship with you, they consider you their number one priority in life. Your happiness and well being are the most important things in their lives. (1 and only 1)
4. Your INFJ can sense your emotions even more acutely than if you were telling us with words. We can feel what you are feeling. Don’t be alarmed by this as we will never use it against you. However, this means you can never lie to us. If you try, we will know, it will hurt our feelings badly that you did.
5. We love it when you just walk up to us and hold us. No words. Nothing complicated. Just gently wrap your arms around us and focus on how you feel about us. We can feel it like it is pouring out of you and into us. Don’t be alarmed if we cry when you do this. (Yes! Gosh.)
6. We love to listen. Don’t be afraid to tell us what is on your mind, even if we didn’t ask. We love you and respect your privacy, and don’t like to pry.
7. We also love it when you listen to us. Please ask us questions to show us that you care, and let us talk when you do. The more intently you are interested in how we feel and what we have to say, the more we will love you.
8. Sometimes we need to recharge our minds, and will sit and stare blankly into space. This is perfectly normal, as your INFJ is rebooting their amazing mind. Systems will be online again shortly. (I just stare into her soul sometimes)
9. We thrive in an environment with just you, and a few of our closest loved ones. The more opportunities you help us create for these kinds of environments, the happier we will be.
10. We don’t do well in crowds for extended periods. We will join you in them if that’s where you want to go, but please be mindful of the duration of contact. INFJs may become unresponsive and even irritable when exposed to crowds for too long.
11. While we are extremely affectionate with you, we’re generally not interested in being affectionate with anyone else, and physical contact with strangers may unsettle your INFJ. It is best to keep strangers from attempting to pet your INFJ.
12. Your INFJ accepts you for everything you are. However, INFJs can be especially eccentric. If you accept your INFJ’s eccentricities and peculiar interests, this will greatly increase your INFJ’s happiness.
13. INFJs are otherwise very self sufficient low maintenance pets, and can be left to their own little worlds for extended periods. However, infrequent moments of affection are always appreciated. (I like being surprised heh)
14. Always kiss your INFJ goodnight and tell them that you love them, even if you’re not going to sleep when they do.
15. Always cuddle with your INFJ when they wake up and greet their day with love.
16. Your INFJ will have a reflex to help others. Do not be alarmed by this, as it does not in any way reflect on how your INFJ feels about you, or your relationship. It is simply our nature to help others – sometimes to a degree that makes the ones we love assume they are less of a priority. Nothing could be further from the truth.
17. Your INFJ is a planner. Sometimes spontaneity leaves us in a position that we cannot plan how to best make you happy, and we find this upsetting. Please understand that we are never upset with you, only the situation. (That’s why I plan so much for a date, V Day and what not 😀 )
18. Your INFJ is very idealistic and principled. If you need us to go against our ideals or principles to make you happy, this can cause us a great deal of internal turmoil and tension. Please be mindful of our ideals and principles and avoid asking us to go against them.
19. When an INFJ’s ideals or principles are offended, we will pull away quickly. This may look very similar to our normal modes of being lost in our heads to the untrained eye, as we do not like to cause tension or disharmony. To best care for your INFJ, learn to spot this reaction and quickly make right whatever was wrong, even if it is simply an opinion. This will bring us back to the harmony we need to be our healthiest.
20. No one will ever love you as much as your INFJ.
Too Long to Post >>
Hey there Blog! Been a while since I last posted. The year is winding down you see…
I love the melody of the chorus! Earworm-worthy! The music video is actually quite good too, full of synchronized energy and rhythm. And Pink sings with so much emotion in this one live performance!
Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone’s bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn’t mean you’re gonna die
I dislike the try, try, try chant though. Super irritating esp the last part. I think they should repeat the chorus 2x at the end instead of the try, try, try, by, by, by shit heh.
I went TWG with JC friends. Treated them because of um, some stuff I shouldnt say here haha. Anyway, I was trying to pretend to be atas for the day, since I’m pretty notorious in JC for scrimping too much. Lol this reminded me of the time when Renyong and me were at RJ’s canteen to satisfy some post-H3 hunger pangs. Since we didnt want to gorge ourselves, I suggested buy a bowl of noodles then add noodles for $3 only. He gamely asked for another bowl and the noodle auntie was like wtf lol. Epic expression. Then we proceeded to the table for some bro-to-bro talk lol. Funny days.
Anyway, before this I and JS was shopping for clothes. I wanted to get a light-color shirt and a belt cos my belt is already fraying so bad the black it becoming white already. We ended up taking photos of each other wearing vests, fedoras, that furry beret thing – stuff I can foresee will be left as silverfish fodder in years to come. We sort of dawdled waiting for Renyong to stroll over here from Cine, where the movies are all sold out for the day. Seriously, Christmas in a movie theatre?
The tea at TWG was fabulous as I asked the waiter for his recommendations. The Midnight Hour tea was pretty good stuff – tea with a really fruity aroma and oh-so-heavenly aftertaste. The taste lingers in your throat not the mouth btw. I almost wanted to order 1 more kettle but my card said no that moment D:
Junsheng’s Tea Chocolate Fondant arrived before my Creme Brulee. I ordered the latter cos a 4sq recommendation. Mine kinda sucked – like eating hardened condensed milk – the sweetness was too overbearing! Chocolate tasted great though! I finished off with mint macaroons – not bad. The mint was subtle but I didn’t like the texture of the macaroon. Cracked wayy too easily. Good thing the whole thing still held intact after several bites. I was half expecting it to all crumble onto the plate heh.
Renyong? He didn’t order anything but tried each of our desserts. He made quite the scene when he learnt of the prices lawl. Total bill for the hour-or-so of chit chat was $48. Reasonable for the ambience and class it exudes. What irked me is the use of smartphones at the table, and worse, not knowing when to put it down. It’s either rude or I’m super uninteresting to speak with. >;<;
So the other main thing that happened this week was a date on the eve of Xmas eve. I had lunch that day with my JC classmates at Xin Wang (right) which is kinda sad cos everyone made the effort to go all the way to Botanic Gardens. JS and I overdressed for the part, while Bojian came down in its-so-hot RJC pants. And Austin with his beach flip-flops. Real flip-flops, not slippers even lol. By the time we went to Island Creamery for a mudpie slice, I was already reserving my social energy for later. Slept really shittily for the past 2 nights as complained on Twitter. Damn MRT sleeper replacement works.
She was waiting at the MBS bowl when I arrived 30 minutes late at 4.30pm. Not good at all. I made some awkward banter about work and school, which is so way different from when I’m with familiar people. She got me some really perky coffee at Coffee Bean so that kept the adrenalin rushing for a few hours.
Then we headed to Gardens by the Bay. The more interesting conservatory was the Cloud Forest cos the Flower Dome was not as colorful as I thought – a lack of my favourite orange tulips. I was expecting a huge field of different coloured flowers actually and me and her lying down enjoying the afternoon Sun. The waterfall made for a grand entrance though. It was chilly as the water is chilled, not room temperature.
And we held hands.
2 days past and I can still remember the scene really vividly. When we held hands, there was this unspokable connection coursing through our hands. Personally, I feel it connects us on a much deeper and intimate level than a hug or a kiss. That’s just me though. There’s friendly hugs, playful kisses and casual sex. Not hand holding though. Its about as sincere as it gets. This is about as public as I can write about though, I guess I’ll continue in my Journal. Sorry Blog, but you tend to spew secrets too fast. :/
A wonderful week in a wonderful year.
It was really funny more than interesting. But also kinda f-ed up cos I had to wake up at 6am just for this when I could sleep in atw.
/first/ Sad. KFC at Bird Park. Interesting to see if we are eating our feathered friends.
/second/ the 3 of us were walking when we saw this and Bryant and I was like WOAH. WTF. Like real ppl sia.
/third/ i wanted to take a photo with one of the budgies and it ended up using its beak to claw its way up.
Ouch! Ok actually it wasn’t really painful
And a few other really random shit hahaha. Like “Don’t have phone sex. You may get hearing aids”
Yesterday was Black Friday and I got some retail therapy out of it.
First package to arrive after 4 hours was some electronic components from Element14 Singapore for a secret military project I’m intending to embark on, a 512MB Raspberry Pi and a wattmeter. Cost: $84.90
Later PayPal emailed me saying my $9.90 from a Deal.com.sg deal has been refunded cos the merchant went belly up.
I then bought a refurbished iPod nano for my sis cos she wanted it with the Lunatik watch strap, but I canceled it after a day after I saw the 7th gen nano with the $129 EarPods. All for $198, so I’ll prolly buy it next week at Lot 1. I also got myself/my family an iPad 3, 32GB for S$618 only!
Then it’s off to Amazon to get a Kindle Paperwhite for Ryan Nicholas and a cheap pair of earphones.
That just about round up my purchases for today.
On some modicum of interest expressed by my dad, I’m reading up now on how to program apps for the iPhone, partly because I’ve a working OS X on my laptop, and an iPhone. I think I’ll continue my reading through ADP duty tmr (Yes again!).
Here are my to-read links:
[NOW READING] https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#referencelibrary/GettingStarted/RoadMapiOS/chapters/RM_YourFirstApp_iOS/Articles/00_Introduction.html
And to save on the Developer Program subscription…